Well Karma lovers, it has been quite a long time. However, I assure you that in my absence karma donations on a global scale have been taking place. Allow me to elaborate.
Many of you may remember Darlene, the Salvation Army bell ringer whose place I took? Well, the day after I performed that particular donation I woke up even sicker than I was before. Now, one such karma critic insinuated that it may have infact been the cold air, allowed to get into my lungs that made me sicker. I beg to differ. Karma does not work that way and in fact, the more logical solution as it turns out is simply that I was suffering from the plague. Yes, the plague. A simple head cold/flu/misery on a stick on the surface but, as I have rounded the corner past my 31st (yes 3-1) day of this insane illness I lament, it must be......the plague. Okay, not the plague, maybe the pig plague (ha-ha)
Those of you who have had it know of the villanous virus I speak. Just when you think you are finally feeling 100% it makes camp in another area of your body, and trust me friends, it does not discriminate. A few days in the chest, a few more days in the sinuses, about a week or more in your head leaving you so congested you feel like taking a plunger (if it weren't for the job of said plunger) to your face. At one point I had a hacking cough that rivaled that of a pack a day smoker. Ewwwwwww. And, my personal favorite so tired and completely out of it I actually administered a home pregnancy test. Seriously. Negative by the way. Just so you don't wonder. So, back to the larger than life karma donation. Well, unlike the masses of holiday shoppers and out and abouters around, I took it upon my self to stay out of public as much as possible while I was sick. Only the most critical of errands and random tasks were performed......by me, that is. The world must keep turning as they say, and that is why they made.......spouses. That's right ladies, turns out for better or for worse is a binding contract. This may end up being a blessing in disguise as my husband, Aaron told me he actually didn't mind grocery shopping.....re-e-a-aaalllly? 1-2-3 Not it! Sweet!
And, since one has a difficult time donating karma from home (aside from the occasional sleepover conducted at my house to give my dear sister Esther a break) my karma project has in effect been on hold. But, not quite. You see, making this decision to return good fortune has actually affected me on even the most completely mundane tasks. I find myself sacrificing that extra close parking spot, returning a shoppers cart on my way into the store even when I have no intention of using one, being more generous with my four way stop allowances and letting others go in front of me......sure small things but, to that person running late, or needing an extra five minutes cut from their commute or in a hurry....perhaps something larger, yes?
So to recap, Lest us not forget that the largest karma donation of all was me simply not donating karma....who would have thunk it? Maybe by minimizing my public exposure and staying inside in my softest comfiest pajamas, toesocks, Nyquil in hand was the nicest thing I could do for the greater good of mankind.
It was also recently brought to my attention by someone near and dear to my heart that as excited as I was about this project (afterall I had just finished Julie/Julia) I may have been a little over ambitious with my "every day blog posting" expectation. So, maybe my other karma donation is more of a personal one. I am going to acknowledge that I sometimes do set myself up for failure (okay not failure, another word that is the opposite for success) by having these staggeringly large expectations of myself. Then, when I do end up with a less than positive result it is almost in a way, what I expected. Kind of a vicious cycle. So I am breaking that cycle. Maybe not everyday, but once a week there will be a karma update, unless I come down with the pig plague......then Aaron will post it, after he goes to the grocery store................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so sorry to hear you had the swine flu. YUCK. we had it here at our house in Oct/Nov and it's HORRIBLE!!!! I hope you're feeling better. Now, as for the hubby not minding grocery shopping? YES! JACKPOT! :o) There's nothin' better than a man that's willing to cook, clean and do a few errands. I love reading your blog. You're so funny, it just makes my day. Thank you!
ReplyDelete